The Globe wave continues with the new x3m version. The virus adds the .x3m extension to encrypted files. Similar to the old versions, x3m Globe demands payment in BitCoins. This article will focus on the specs of the virus and how you can remove it from your system.
|You can skip all steps and remove X3m Globe with the help of an anti-malware tool.|
|X3m Globe ransomware can be removed manually, though it can be very hard for most home users. See the detailed tutorial below.|
|Email Spam, exploit kits.|
X3m Globe Ransomware Virus Infection – Tech Details
Once your computer gets infected with x3m Globe ransomware, the virus will scan your system looking for certain file extensions. The goal of almost all crypt-scams is to encrypt information that would be valuable for the victim. Sometimes that data is so expensive or precious that people prefer to pay the crooks hundreds of dollars.
The most lucrative targets are:
- Home users who don’t backup their files
- Businesses that lack the proper cyber-security protection
- Healthcare institutions
Once the x3m Globe virus takes over a system, it’s going to make some changes like:
- Creating files within the system’s folders
- Editing the Windows registry so the virus will start along with the PC
- Changing the desktop’s picture to a ransom message
The contact email of X3m Globe is mkscorpion(@india.com) according to cyber-security researcher Michael Gillespie , who was also the first expert to report the infection.
X3m Ransomware Virus – How Did It Get Into My Computer?
Ransomware viruses are often spread via email spam and malicious links. The Internet is chock-full of both. Ransomware viruses rely on malicious files to jump-start the infections. X3m possibly lurks in email attachments, pop-up downloads on shady websites, or PUP (potentially unwanted programs) from pirated software.
X3m Globe Ransomware Virus – How Can I Protect My Files?
The Internet is filled with ransomware threats such as X3m Globe virus. You can take the following step for further protection:
- Avoid visiting shady websites that include pirated content, pornography, or excessive ads
- Don’t download archive attachments from unknown sources in your email
- Don’t register into shady websites. That increases the chance of our email address being added to a botnet that spreads viruses.
X3m Globe Ransomware Removal
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete X3m Globe completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Show Hidden Files
- 1) Open My Computer/This PC
2) Windows 7
- – Click on “Organize” button
– Select “Folder and search options”
– Select the “View” tab
– Go under “Hidden files and folders” and mark “Show hidden files and folders” option
3) Windows 8/ 10
- – Open “View” tab
– Mark “Hidden items” option
4) Click “Apply” and then “OK” button
STEP III: Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
- 1) Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Get over to “Processes”
3) When you find suspicious process right click on it and select “Open File Location”
4) Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose “End Process”
5) Next you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
STEP IV: Remove Completely X3m Globe Ransomware Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Recover Encrypted Files
- 1) Use present backups
2) Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type “restore your files” in the search box
– Select “Restore your files with File History”
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
- – Hit the “Restore” button
3) Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
STEP VII: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.