A new version of the Globe ransomware virus uses the .blackblock extension for encrypted files. The last version of the ransomware family called Globe2 was reported by our team in mid-October. Users from all over the world report infections that are in-line with the Blackblock Globe virus. If you’re a victim of the virus, make sure to read this article and follow its guidelines. This will help you to remove Blackblock Globe and restore your computer back to normal.
If you’re not sure whether your computer if infected with this particular virus, you can download SpyHunter 4 and scan your system for free.
If the threat proves real, then it may be for the best to get the tool and remove blackblock automatically.
|Around 1 BTC/$720|
|You can skip all steps and remove Blackblock Globe with the help of an anti-malware tool.|
|Blackblock Globe ransomware can be removed manually, though it can be very hard for most home users. See the detailed tutorial below.|
|Email Spam, exploit kits.|
Blackblock Globe Ransomware Virus Infection – How Did It Get Into My PC?
The Blackblock Globe ransomware virus, similarly to the old Globe virus, uses email spam for distribution. The concealed attachments may appear to be a credible file like invoices, reports, documents of medical test results, etc. The troublesome Blackblock Globe may also be hidden in alerts of fake software updates or behind ads that lead to compromised websites.
Blackblock Globe Ransomware Virus – Encryption Details
Once BlackBlock Globe Ransomware is on the computer, it’ll start to scan for particular files, folders or both, and encode them. It may target the most frequently used files – audio, photo, documents, project files. Unlike most ransomware infections Blackblock Globe doesn’t utilize the RSA or AES encryption algorithms. Instead, the virus opts for the BlowFish encryption.
The infected files will have the .blackblock extension at the end of their name.
For example, “file.jpg will become “file.jpg.blackblock”
BlackBlock Globe Ransomware Virus – How To Remove It And Restore Your Files
The BlackBlock Globe ransomware virus can be removed with the help of an advanced anti-malware tool. This is the best option, as the tool will also protect your PC from future threats. After you’ve removed the virus from your system, you can also try this decrypter tool. Its made for the older version of Globe, but there’s still a chance that it might work on BlackBlock. This version is very similar to the old one which was defeated rather quickly. Stay safe!
Blackblock Globe Ransomware Removal
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete Blackblock Globe completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Show Hidden Files
- 1) Open My Computer/This PC
2) Windows 7
- – Click on “Organize” button
– Select “Folder and search options”
– Select the “View” tab
– Go under “Hidden files and folders” and mark “Show hidden files and folders” option
3) Windows 8/ 10
- – Open “View” tab
– Mark “Hidden items” option
4) Click “Apply” and then “OK” button
STEP III: Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
- 1) Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Get over to “Processes”
3) When you find suspicious process right click on it and select “Open File Location”
4) Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose “End Process”
5) Next you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
STEP IV: Remove Completely Blackblock Globe Ransomware Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
Further help for Windows Registry repair
STEP VI: Recover Encrypted Files
- 1) Use present backups
2) Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type “restore your files” in the search box
– Select “Restore your files with File History”
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
- – Hit the “Restore” button
3) Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
STEP VII: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.