Searchgoog is a browser hijacker named after its domain – Searchgoog.ru. The site is a Google copycat in terms of visuals. Has Searchgoog appeared in your browser as a homepage and default search engine without your consent? If so, you’re the victim of browser hijacking. You can remove Searchgoog easily if you follow these guidelines:
Main Domain Address
|The easiest way to remove Searchgoog and other browser hijackers from your computer is with the help of an anti-malware tool. This software will also protect your computer from severe cyber threats like ransomware.|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
Searchgoog Browser Hijacker – How Did It Get Into My Browser?
Browser hijackers like Searchgoog sneak into your system through PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs.) Most often, PUPs are attached to the install file of a useful freeware program. Users install these programs without checking the Terms and Conditions page that discloses the questionable practices. Legally speaking, browser hijackers are completely legal.
That doesn’t make it right, however. The best way to prevent hijackers like Searchgoog will be to check the Custom, Advanced, or Slow options in the install wizards of freeware programs.
Searchgoog Browser Hijacker – More Details
You’d be surprised by how many people use hijacked browsers. Since Searchgoog has a design similar to Google, some users don’t even notice the difference. Most mainstream browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft’s Edge, and Opera use either Google or Bing as their default homepage.
Here’s The Current Design Of Searchgoog.ru:
As you can see, the site employs the same color scheme as Google. Searchgoog is also “Powered by Google.” That means that the hijacker shows almost the same results as the Google search engine. The only difference is that Searchgoog works slower, shows more ads, redirects searches for tracking purposes and collects more data.
Searchgoog can also collect a lot of your personal data depending on your searches. Here are a few private details that Searchgoog can learn about you:
- Your IP address
- Your Browsing Habits
- Your Name
- Your Location
- Your Language
- Your Age
- Your Gender
If your browser was hijacked by Searchgoog, we strongly advise you to delete it from your system.
Searchgoog Browser Hijacker – Total Removal And Browser Restoration
While Searchgoog is annoying and malicious, it’s not that serious of a threat. You can deal with it quickly by scanning your system with an anti-malware tool and deleting Searchgoog automatically. You can also attempt to erase all of Searchgoog’s file by hand, but that approach is more time-consuming and can lead to mistakes. You can check out our guide for detailed instruction for both methods.
How to Remove Searchgoog?
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete Searchgoog completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the browser hijacker so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Remove Searchgoog from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
- 1) Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R”. You’ll see a pop-up window.
- 2) In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press“ Enter ”.
- 3) The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the malicious program, select it, and press “Uninstall“.
STEP III: Remove Searchgoog From Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way.
- 1) Start Mozilla Firefox. In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select “Add-ons“.
- 2) Inside the Add-ons Manager select “Extensions“. Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click “Remove“.
- 3) Click again on the Open menu icon, then click “Options“.
- 4) In the Options window, under “General” tab, click “Restore to Default“.
- 5) Select “Search” in the left menu, mark the unknown search engine and press “Remove”.
- 1) Start Google Chrome. On the upper-right corner, there a “Customize and Control” menu icon. Click on it, then click on “Settings“.
- 2) Click “Extensions” in the left menu. Then click on the trash bin icon to remove the suspicious extension.
- 3) Again in the left menu, under Chrome, Click on “Settings“. Go under “On Startup” and set a new page.
- 4) Afterward, scroll down to “Search“, click on “Manage search engines“.
- 5) In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on “X“. Then select your search engine of choice and click “Make default“. When you are ready click “Done” button in the right bottom corner.
- 1) Start Internet Explorer. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Manage add-ons“.
- 2) In the “Manage add-ons” window, below “Add-on Types“, select “Toolbars and Extensions“. If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click “Remove“.
- 3) Then again in the “Manage Add-ons” window, in “Add-on Types“, Select “Search Providers“. Chose a search engine and click “Set as default“. Select the unknown search engine and click “Remove and Close”.
- 4) Open the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- 5) In the “General” tab, in “Home page”, enter your preferred page. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
STEP IV: Remove Completely Searchgoog Browser Hijacker Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.