Exotic 3.0 is a ransomware infection created by a hacking entity known as EvilTwin, the crook behind the last two versions of Exotic. The first version of the virus surfaced in mid-October. A second version was released a day later. The virus encrypts your files, making them useless until decryption. This article contains all the necessary information on how to deal with Exotic 3.0. You should also check out the older versions of the virus, as they share a lot of similarities.
|Exotic 3.0 ransomware can be removed easily with the help of an anti-malware tool, a program that will clean your computer from the virus, remove any additional cyber-security threats, and protect you in the future.|
|Exotic 3.0 ransomware can be removed manually, though it can be very hard for most home users. See the detailed tutorial below.|
|Email Spam, exploit kits.|
Ransomware Infection Methods – Exotic 3.0
Exotic 3.0 is distributed with the help of email spamming. This tactic works very well. That’s why almost all ransomware viruses employ spam. The emails will look inconspicuous. Their design is very similar to a regular automated email by a big company. That’s why people often open them without thinking too much.
Spam is on the rise. A Talos report back in September 2016 reported the sharp spike in spam. The crooks are using every trick they can muster, even old ones. Users should be extra vigilant in the later months of the year, a period known as Ransomware Season among cyber-security researchers.
Ransomware Details – How Does Exotic 3.0 work?
Exotic 3.0 aims to encrypt the files of the infected PC with the strong RSA encryption. This makes them useless without a decrypter key, which the crooks are selling. A brute-force decryption by a regular desktop PC would take thousands of years of constant work. This is why ransomware viruses are so dangerous.
Exotic 3.0 aims to lock file types that will be precious to the victim. For example, family photos or videos could be irreplaceable. Another potential target for Exotic 3.0 would be files related to project files. If you’re a programmer, a designer, an editor, or another computer-related profession, losing the files will cost you a lot of money.
Removal and Decryption – Exotic 3.0 Ransomware Virus
There’s no safe way to decrypt your files. Even paying the crooks isn’t a guarantee that you’ll get your data back. Crooks are known to ignore payments. Sometimes, they don’t even bother to save the keys, eliminating all safe methods of decryption. There are decrypter tools released for many ransomware viruses, but Exotic 3.0 is still locked.
The virus can be removed with the help of an anti-malware tool, or by hand. A quick scan by SpyHunter 4 is all that’s needed to locate the virus and delete it safely. That won’t decrypt your files, but it’ll stop further malicious activity by Exotic 3.0.
Exotic 3.0 Ransomware Removal
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete Exotic 3.0 completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Show Hidden Files
- 1) Open My Computer/This PC
2) Windows 7
- – Click on “Organize” button
– Select “Folder and search options”
– Select the “View” tab
– Go under “Hidden files and folders” and mark “Show hidden files and folders” option
3) Windows 8/ 10
- – Open “View” tab
– Mark “Hidden items” option
4) Click “Apply” and then “OK” button
STEP III: Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
- 1) Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Get over to “Processes”
3) When you find suspicious process right click on it and select “Open File Location”
4) Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose “End Process”
5) Next you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
STEP IV: Remove Completely Exotic 3.0 Ransomware Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Recover Encrypted Files
- 1) Use present backups
2) Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type “restore your files” in the search box
– Select “Restore your files with File History”
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
- – Hit the “Restore” button
3) Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
STEP VII: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.