Search. Funcybertabsearch . com is a search engine associated with the Funcybertabsearch . com browser hijacker. The hijacker switches the homepage and new tab page. It’s possible for an extension to be added too. You can remove the Funcybertabsearch . com hijacker by using the information provided in this article.
Main Domain Address
|The easiest way to remove and other browser hijackers from your computer is with the help of an anti-malware tool. This software will also protect your computer from severe cyber threats like ransomware|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
Funcybertabsearch . Com Browser Hijacker – How Does It Spread?
The most popular method of spreading browser hijackers is by freeware installations packed with PUPs (potentially unwanted programs.) It’s probable that Funcybertabsearch . com also spreads like this. Bundling unwanted software is a simple and very effective way to spread undesired content. It’s done by including PUPs into the install file of a program. The option is enabled by default and the installer usually hides it. The user should refuse these installs by hand. They’re usually located under the Custom or Advanced options in the install wizard. Always be careful while installing, even programs that are harmless by themselves, can include PUPs and other types of malicious software.
Another ever-popular way to distribute browser hijackers is by web advertising on shady or obscure websites. These ads take the form of banners or pop-ups that can include redirects to dangerous content. Avoid clicking on anything suspicious while browsing the Web.
Funcybertabsearch . Com Browser Hijacker – in Detail
The main page of this browser hijacker is Search.Funcybertabsearch . com. This is a probable hoax search engine, made by Imali Media Ltd, a company associated with previous browser hijackers.
The Funcybertabsearch . com homepage looks like this
The hijacker can infect most popular web browser, like Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft’s Edge, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. The design is very generic, probably to avoid arousing suspicion. The Search.Funcybertabsearch . com page includes a toolbar with links to e-mails, social networks, e-commerce shops, and others. Avoid clicking on these connections, as they might be traced by the hijacker. If you want to use these sites, do it by entering their address to avoid malicious redirections.
As it states bellow, all your searches are saved. That information is then likely sold to unknown third parties. Personal details that may be extracted include:
- Your IP address
- ZIP code
- Browser type
- Browser history
If somehow your browser got infected by the Funcybertabsearch. Com, you should remove it ASAP.
Funcybertabsearch . Com – How to Remove It
You can remove the Funcybertabsearch . com by following the tutorial provided bellow. The only way to delete the hijacker is to completely remove all its components. You can do that either manually or by using an advanced anti-malware tool, which will also protect your PC from this type of threat in the future.
How to Enter Safe Mode
Booting Into Safe Mode in the Windows XP, Vista, 7 operating systems
- Unplug devices such as USB flash drives, Memory Sticks, DVD’s, CD’s, anything that can be bootable
- Now you have to decide which of the following methods is right for your computer. If you have:
- –One operating system on your PC, then press F8 repeatedly when you see the first boot screen after restarting your computer. If the Windows logo appears, repeat the same action until you enter the
–Multiple operating systems on your computer. This is very similar to booting with a single operating system. Press F8 repeatedly when you see the first boot screen. You just have to use the arrow keys to choose which system you should boot.
- When the Advanced Boot Options appear, you should select the Safe Mode option with the arrow keys. Confirm the selection by pressing Enter
- Log into your computer using the Administrator account
While you’re in safe mode, your screen will be windowed.
Booting into Safe Mode on the Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 Operating Systems
- Open the Start menu
- Hold down the Shift button and left-click on the Power icon, then click Restart
- After the reboot, the Startup menu will appear. From there, choose Troubleshoot
- From the Troubleshoot menu choose Advanced Options
- Once you’re in Advanced Options, click on Startup Settings
- Click Restart
- A menu should appear after the reboot. Choose Safe Mode by pressing its corresponding key number. The PC will restart and boot into Safe Mode.
Remove/Uninstall Funcybertabsearch . com from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to Uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
- Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R.” You’ll see a pop-up window
- In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press “Enter.”
- The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the program, select it, and press Uninstall.
Follow these instructions and you’ll be able to uninstall it successfully.
How to Remove Funcybertabsearch . com from Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way
- Start Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage add-ons window, bellow Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions
- If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click Disable
- In Manage Add-ons window, in Add-on Types, Select Search Providers
- Chose a search engine and click Set as default
- Select the unknown search engine and click Remove and Close
- Open the Tools menu, select Internet Options
- In the General tab, in Home page, enter your preferred page
- Click Apply and OK
- On the desktop, right-click on Internet Explorer icon and select Properties
- In the Properties window, under the Shortcut tab, in Target delete the text after iexplore.exe
- Click Apply, click OK to save
- Click Close
- Start Google Chrome
- On the upper-right corner, there a Customize and Control Google Chrome menu icon. Click on it, then click on Settings
- Click Extension under Chrome
- In the Extensions menu, click on the unknown extensions, then click on the trash bin icon
- Under Chrome, Click on Settings
- In Settings, under on Startup click Set pages
- In the Startup pages menu, select the suspicious entries and click on X
- Click OK
- In Settings, under Appearance select the Show home button and click Change
- In the Home page menu, click Use New Tab page and press OK
- In the Settings window under Search, click on Manage search engines
- Once you enter Search engines, select your search engine of choice and click Make default
- In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on X
- Click Done
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select Add-ons
- Inside the Add-ons Manager select Extensions
- Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click Disable
- Click on the Open menu icon, then click Options
- In the Options window, under General tab, Click Restore to Default
- Click OK
- In the Firefox window, right next to the URL field, click the down arrow icon. Select Manage Search Engines
- In Manage Search Engines List window, select the unknown search engine and press Remove
- Click OK