We have just received reports of a new known as the Zyka ransomware, read our removal guide to find out more about it and learn how to protect yourself.
| 170 USD in Bitcoins|
|You can skip all steps and remove Zyka with the help of an anti-malware tool.|
|Zyka ransomware can be removed manually, though it can be very hard for most home users. See the detailed tutorial below.|
|Spam Email Campaigns, malicious ads & etc.|
Zyka Ransomware Description
The Zyka ransomware is a newly reported malware threat. At the moment we do not have much information about as the initial security analysis is not yet complete. The experts still cannot tell if this is a strain of a popular family of viruses or it is an independent creation made by a hacker or a criminal collective.
We pressume that the virus follows the usual behavior pattern of encrypting various user files and extorting them for a fee. Most likely Zyka ransomware employs a strong cipher and it targets the most commonly used data – videos, photos, music ,databases, documents, configuration files, backups and etc.
When this is complete a ransomware note containing the following message is displayed to the victims:
You are the victim of Zyka
Your important files encryption produced on this computer, photos, videos,
documents etc. Here is a complete list of encrypted files, and you can personally
Encryption was produced using a unique public key that is generated for this
computer. To decrypt your files you need to obtain the private key.
The single copy of the private key, which will allow you to decrypt the files, located
on a secret server on the Internet the server will destroy the key after 72 hours.
After that nobody and never will be able to restore files.
To obtain the private key for this computer which will allow automatically decrypt files,
you need to pay 170 USD/ 170 EUR to the bitcoin wallet below
If you do not have bitcoins you can buy them from localbitcoins.com
Zyka Ransomware Distribution
The Zyka ransomware is primarily distributed to the computer victims using email spam campaigns. The hackers may opt to use social engineering techniques or other methods to increase the infection ratio.
Other distribution methods include exploits kit attacks and using infected installers which may be located on various hacked or criminal-controlled sites and P2P networks.
Zyka Ransomware – How To Remove it and Prevent It From Coming Back
There are two ways of removal:
- With an anti-malware tool – this will also help prevention
- Manually – using the instructions below
Zyka Ransomware Removal
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete Zyka completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Show Hidden Files
- 1) Open My Computer/This PC
2) Windows 7
- – Click on “Organize” button
– Select “Folder and search options”
– Select the “View” tab
– Go under “Hidden files and folders” and mark “Show hidden files and folders” option
3) Windows 8/ 10
- – Open “View” tab
– Mark “Hidden items” option
4) Click “Apply” and then “OK” button
STEP III: Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
- 1) Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Get over to “Processes”
3) When you find suspicious process right click on it and select “Open File Location”
4) Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose “End Process”
5) Next you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
STEP IV: Remove Completely Zyka Ransomware Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Recover Encrypted Files
- 1) Use present backups
2) Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type “restore your files” in the search box
– Select “Restore your files with File History”
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
- – Hit the “Restore” button
3) Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
STEP VII: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.