Active .H_F_D_locked virus infections can be recovered using our in-depth guide on restoring your computer and data, read our article to learn more.
How Does .H_F_D_locked Virus Infiltrate the System?
.H_F_D_locked virus samples are being distributed worldwide to various victims. At the moment the researchers cannot state which is the primary source of the ongoing infections. It is presumed that the hackers are using the most popular methods to spread the malware.
Usually the criminals tend to use email spam campaigns that utilize different social engineering tricks to attempt to confuse the victims into infecting themselves. Depending on the campaign the operators may use any of the following strategies:
- Body Content Linking ‒ The hackers use links that are disguised as important sites, notifications and other scams in their messages to conceal the executable files. Once the users execute them the .H_F_D_locked virus is activated onto their machines.
- File Attachments ‒ In other cases the criminals may opt to directly attach the files to the emails.
- Infected Payloads ‒ Documents and software installers can be used as payloads. The hackers typically customize legitimate files to include the dangerous .H_F_D_locked virus. When this is done the resulting files are sent via emails to potential victims.
In addition hacker-controlled sites and P2P networks like BitTorrent are also utilized to spread malicious instances. Depending on the case the executable files that carry the threat may be used or a payload instance such as any infected documents or installers.
Another widely used strategy is to utilize browser hijackers to deliver the viruses. They represent redirects caused by malicious web browser plugins. Upon infection with them the victims will find that important settings will be changed: default home page, search engine and new tabs. Usually they are made compatible with the most famous browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Safari and Microsoft Edge.
Infection Flow of .H_F_D_locked Virus
The .H_F_D_locked virus is a malware alternatively known as BlackHat ransomware that infects users worldwide in a coordinated series of attacks. The initial security analysis reveals that it is descendant from the Hidden Tear family of threats.
This means that it is likely that the malware is being operated by an inexperienced hacker or a criminal collective as many tutorials are available on hacking sites that reveal how the source code can be modified to create new samples. We presume that the .H_F_D_locked virus is just another case of a renamed and slightly modified version of it.
At the moment the virus does not feature much beyond the basic ransomware engine. However in future versions it is likely that the following features can be added:
- Information Retrieval ‒ The hackers can use active .H_F_D_locked virus infections to download user data at will.
- Trojan Instance ‒ An active Trojan module can spy on the users in real time and take over control of the victim computer at any given moment.
- Settings Modification ‒ Active infections with viruses of many type cause changes to the operating system. Users may experience performance issues and even malfunction of certain components.
Once all preliminary stages are complete the ransomware engine is started. It starts to encrypt system and user files based on a predefined file type list. Depending on the intended targets it can be configured to target different data. In most cases the criminals use common lists that seek to affect the most popular file types including: documents, videos, music, photos, configuration files, databases and etc.
Once this is done the .H_F_D_locked extension is applied to all victim files. A lockscreen instance is applied to the victim computers which effectively blocks usual interaction until the threat has been removed.
It displays the following ransomware note along with some images that seek to further blackmail the victims:
Your Personal Files has been Encrypted and Locked
Your documents, photos, databases and other important files have been encrypted with strongest encryption and locked with unique key, generated for this computer.
Private decryption key is stored on a secret Internet server and nobody can decrypt your files until you pay and obtain the private key.
Caution: Removing of Blackhat will not restore access to your encrypted files.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happened to my files ? understanding the issue
How can i get my files back ? the only way to restore your files
What should i do next ? Buy decryption key
Now you have the last chance to decrypt your files.
1. Buy Bitcoin (https://blockchain.info)
2. Send amount of 200 dollar to address: to 1LZnKJDsiygvLuYpbSJr1iyT6bav7VyWM5
3. Transaction will take about 15-30 minutes to confirm.
4. When transaction is confirmed, send email to us at [email protected]
Click here to restore and recovery your files
The hacker operators refer to the threat as BlackHat ransomware, which is another name that is used to identify the malware. The criminals attempt to blackmail the victims into paying them money ($200) using the Bitcoins digital crypto currency. This should not be done in any way as all transactions are anonymous and the hackers will not help in any way.
Only the use of a quality anti-spyware solution can effectively remove all active infections. Once this is done the listed data recovery program in our instructions can restore the affected files in an efficient way.
WARNING! Manual removal of .H_F_D_locked Virus requires being familiar with system files and registries. Removing important data accidentally can lead to permanent system damage. If you don’t feel comfortable with manual instructions, download a powerful anti-malware tool that will scan your system for malware and clean it safely for you.
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
.H_F_D_locked Virus – Manual Removal Steps
Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently. The steps bellow are applicable to all Windows versions.
1. Hit the WIN Key + R
2. A Run window will appear. In it, write msconfig and then press Enter
3. A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named Boot
4. Mark Safe Boot option and then go to Network under it to tick it too
5. Apply -> OK
Show Hidden Files
Some ransomware threats are designed to hide their malicious files in the Windows so all files stored on the system should be visible.
1. Open My Computer/This PC
2. Windows 7
- – Click on Organize button
– Select Folder and search options
– Select the View tab
– Go under Hidden files and folders and mark Show hidden files and folders option
3. Windows 8/ 10
- – Open View tab
– Mark Hidden items option
4. Click Apply and then OK button
Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
1. Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2. Get over to Processes
3. When you find suspicious process right click on it and select Open File Location
4. Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose End Process
5. Next, you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
Repair Windows Registry
1. Again type simultaneously the WIN Key + R key combination
2. In the box, write regedit and hit Enter
3. Type the CTRL+ F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4. In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
WARNING! All files and objects associated with .H_F_D_locked Virus should be removed from the infected PC before any data recovery attempts. Otherwise the virus may encrypt restored files. Furthermore, a backup of all encrypted files stored on external media is highly recommendable.
1. Use present backups
2. Use professional data recovery software
Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery – a specialist tool that can restore partitions, data, documents, photos, and 300 more file types lost during various types of incidents and corruption.
3. Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
4. Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type restore your files in the search box
– Select Restore your files with File History
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
– Hit the “Restore” button