The Lomix ransomware has recently been discovered by security researchers which looks like a strain or modification of the Cryptowire threat. Read our removal guide for further information about it.
|500 US Dollars in Bitcoins|
|You can skip all steps and remove Lomix with the help of an anti-malware tool.|
|Lomix ransomware can be removed manually, though it can be very hard for most home users. See the detailed tutorial below.|
|Spam Email Campaigns, malicious ads & etc.|
Lomix Ransomware Description
The Lomix ransomware is a new major threat that is probably related to a open-source strain of Cryptowire. The virus uses a strong RSA 256-bit encryption algorithm to compromise target user files. As the threat is still under an active investigation by the security researchers we do not have the full list of target user file extensions which are programmed into the code. However it is very likely that the virus can encrypt every non-system critical file on the local machine and possibly network shares.
The application window is a fairy standard one, it displays a large title “Your files has been safely encrypted, then a list of the affected files and a short ransomware message with the following contents:
The only way you can recover your files is to buy a decryption key from [email protected]
The payment method is Butcoins. The price is :$500=0.68096697 Bitcoins.
Click on the “Buy decryption key” button.
Lomix Ransomware Distribution
The Lomix ransomware is primarily distributed via spam email campaigns. Other sources of infection include browser hijackers, payload downloaders and counterfeit software installation packages.
Lomix Ransomware Removal
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete Lomix completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Show Hidden Files
- 1) Open My Computer/This PC
2) Windows 7
- – Click on “Organize” button
– Select “Folder and search options”
– Select the “View” tab
– Go under “Hidden files and folders” and mark “Show hidden files and folders” option
3) Windows 8/ 10
- – Open “View” tab
– Mark “Hidden items” option
4) Click “Apply” and then “OK” button
STEP III: Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
- 1) Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Get over to “Processes”
3) When you find suspicious process right click on it and select “Open File Location”
4) Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose “End Process”
5) Next you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
STEP IV: Remove Completely Lomix Ransomware Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Recover Encrypted Files
- 1) Use present backups
2) Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type “restore your files” in the search box
– Select “Restore your files with File History”
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
- – Hit the “Restore” button
3) Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
STEP VII: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.