The KoKoKrypt ransomware is a new malware threat also known as the KokoLocker ransomware, to learn more about it continue reading our in-depth removal guide.
|Screen Lock Function|
|KoKoKrypt Remove Guster Ransomware easily with the help of an anti-malware tool, a program that will clean your computer from the virus, remove any additional cyber-security threats, and protect you in the future.|
|KoKoKrypt ransomware can be removed manually, though it can be very hard for most home users. See the detailed tutorial below.|
|The ransomware is spread mainly through spam email messages, untrusted download sites, P2P networks, exploit kits and etc.|
KoKoKrypt Ransomware Description
KoKoKrypt Ransomware is a new malware virus which has just been identified by security researchers. Its also known under the name of KokoLocker Ransomware.
The virus follows the standard ransomware behavior patterns by encrypting target user files and then uses social engineering and extortion tricks into persuading the computer victim to pay a ransom fee to restore their data.
The malware developer responsible for this code is Talnaci Alexandru. Upon infection the virus activates its encryption engine which is used to encrypt targer user data using a strong algorithm. It is confirmed that KoKoKrypt Ransomware modifies the most popular file types that are related to various documents, multimedia files, databases and configuration files. The affected files receive the .kokolocker extension.
The virus uses a screenlocker which displays the ransomware message:
— KoKoKrypt —
All of your personal data got encrypted by KokoKrypt!
To unlock all your data of this computer, you have to do the following steps:
1. Get a Bitcoin Wallet
2. Get 0.1 BTC on it
3. Put your BTC Address below
4. Wait for decryption process
Payment may be delayed for 24/48 hours, so don’t worry! You have 78h to pay!
After 78h, KoKoKrypt will uninstall itself and leave your files encrypted!
button “Pay using Bitcoin”
KoKoKrypt Ransomware Distribution
The KoKoKrypt Ransomware is distributed mainly as a fake Windows Update package. Some of the identified malware samples are also found to install the .Net Framework 4.5.
The program is primarily distributed towards English-speaking computer users. Other infection methods include spam email campaigns, browser hijackers, exploit kits and etc.
KoKoKrypt Ransomware Removal
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete KoKoKrypt completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Show Hidden Files
- 1) Open My Computer/This PC
2) Windows 7
- – Click on “Organize” button
– Select “Folder and search options”
– Select the “View” tab
– Go under “Hidden files and folders” and mark “Show hidden files and folders” option
3) Windows 8/ 10
- – Open “View” tab
– Mark “Hidden items” option
4) Click “Apply” and then “OK” button
STEP III: Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
- 1) Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Get over to “Processes”
3) When you find suspicious process right click on it and select “Open File Location”
4) Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose “End Process”
5) Next you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
STEP IV: Remove Completely KoKoKrypt Ransomware Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Recover Encrypted Files
- 1) Use present backups
2) Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type “restore your files” in the search box
– Select “Restore your files with File History”
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
- – Hit the “Restore” button
3) Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
STEP VII: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.