Hp.Myway . com is the main page of a potentially dangerous browser hijacker. Signs of infection can include a changed homepage, new tab page, and other automatic changes to your browser. Do you find this annoying and intrusive? Then you should remove Hp.Myway . com from your computer using the information we’ve provided in this article.
Main Domain Address
|The easiest way to remove MyWay and other browser hijackers from your computer is with the help of an anti-malware tool. This software will also protect your computer from severe cyber threats like ransomware|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
Hp.Myway . Com – How Did I Get It on My Browser?
As said above, Hp.Myway . com could be a browser hijacker, software created to make changes to your browser. These changes might include:
- Replacing your home-page
- Replacing your new tab page
- Adding a toolbar
- Swapping your default search engine
- Adding browser extensions
- Showing more advertisements
This type of software spreads to your computer through bundled packs, usually included in freeware programs. Since these applications can’t rely on money from buyers, they make their profits by selling information (more on that later.) To avoid installing bundled programs, opt out of it in the Custom or Advanced options of the install wizard.
Another way of “contracting” a browser hijacker like Hp.MyWay . com is by clicking on ads located in shady web pages. Sites that include pirated or pornographic content are the most common place for these ads.
Hp.MyWay . com Browser Hijacker – In Detail
The main page of the Hp.Myway . com browser hijacker is a site of the same name.
Here’s how the Hp.Myway . com homepage looks like:
The page, like the default pages of most browser hijackers, contains a low-quality search engine with a generic design. If you want to search “YourWay” you might be disappointed, as Hp.Myway . com lacks a database, it uses Google. Here’s what happens when you use the search engine:
As you can see Hp.myway . com gives a large amount of ads, even to a pretty vague keyword. The search engine was created by MindSpark(now named IAC Applications), a company that’s notorious for distributing unethical and intrusive software products.
- Your Location
- Your IP address
- Your name
- The browser type you’re using
- Imputed search words
- Your Personal Interests
- ZIP code
- Your gender
Everything about Hp.myway . com is fishy and if you have it on your computer, you should remove it immediately.
Hp.myway . com – Removing the Browser Hijacker
You can remove Hp.myway . com by erasing all its files from your computer. You can locate and delete them one by one, or you can use an advanced anti-malware program to speed up the process immensely. We have provided a tutorial below which can be of assistance in the removal process.
How to Enter Safe Mode
Booting Into Safe Mode in the Windows XP, Vista, 7 operating systems
- Unplug devices such as USB flash drives, Memory Sticks, DVD’s, CD’s, anything that can be bootable
- Now you have to decide which of the following methods is right for your computer. If you have:
- –One operating system on your PC, then press F8 repeatedly when you see the first boot screen after restarting your computer. If the Windows logo appears, repeat the same action until you enter the
–Multiple operating systems on your computer. This is very similar to booting with a single operating system. Press F8 repeatedly when you see the first boot screen. You just have to use the arrow keys to choose which system you should boot.
- When the Advanced Boot Options appear, you should select the Safe Mode option with the arrow keys. Confirm the selection by pressing Enter
- Log into your computer using the Administrator account
While you’re in safe mode, your screen will be windowed.
Booting into Safe Mode on the Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 Operating Systems
- Open the Start menu
- Hold down the Shift button and left-click on the Power icon, then click Restart
- After the reboot, the Startup menu will appear. From there, choose Troubleshoot
- From the Troubleshoot menu choose Advanced Options
- Once you’re in Advanced Options, click on Startup Settings
- Click Restart
- A menu should appear after the reboot. Choose Safe Mode by pressing its corresponding key number. The PC will restart and boot into Safe Mode.
Remove/Uninstall Hp.MyWay . Com from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to Uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
- Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R.” You’ll see a pop-up window
- In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press “Enter.”
- The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the program, select it, and press Uninstall.
Follow these instructions and you’ll be able to uninstall it successfully.
How to Remove Hp.MyWay . Com from Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way
- Start Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage add-ons window, bellow Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions
- If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click Disable
- In Manage Add-ons window, in Add-on Types, Select Search Providers
- Chose a search engine and click Set as default
- Select the unknown search engine and click Remove and Close
- Open the Tools menu, select Internet Options
- In the General tab, in Home page, enter your preferred page
- Click Apply and OK
- On the desktop, right-click on Internet Explorer icon and select Properties
- In the Properties window, under the Shortcut tab, in Target delete the text after iexplore.exe
- Click Apply, click OK to save
- Click Close
- Start Google Chrome
- On the upper-right corner, there a Customize and Control Google Chrome menu icon. Click on it, then click on Settings
- Click Extension under Chrome
- In the Extensions menu, click on the unknown extensions, then click on the trash bin icon
- Under Chrome, Click on Settings
- In Settings, under on Startup click Set pages
- In the Startup pages menu, select the suspicious entries and click on X
- Click OK
- In Settings, under Appearance select the Show home button and click Change
- In the Home page menu, click Use New Tab page and press OK
- In the Settings window under Search, click on Manage search engines
- Once you enter Search engines, select your search engine of choice and click Make default
- In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on X
- Click Done
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select Add-ons
- Inside the Add-ons Manager select Extensions
- Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click Disable
- Click on the Open menu icon, then click Options
- In the Options window, under General tab, Click Restore to Default
- Click OK
- In the Firefox window, right next to the URL field, click the down arrow icon. Select Manage Search Engines
- In Manage Search Engines List window, select the unknown search engine and press Remove
- Click OK