Computer victims plagued by a new threat called CryptConsole ransomware reported infections with the virus, our removal guide will show you how to remove the threat from your computer.
| 0.25 Bitcoins|
|You can skip all steps and remove CryptConsole with the help of an anti-malware tool.|
|CryptConsole ransomware can be removed manually, though it can be very hard for most home users. See the detailed tutorial below.|
|Spam Email Campaigns, malicious ads & etc.|
CryptConsole Ransomware Description
Computer victims have reported a new infection with a previously unknown malware threat. The report was made on a famous security online community where the victims posted the designated malicious file which led to an initial assessment of the threat.
It appears that the CryptConsole ransomware is merely a scareware attempt, the encryption engine does not work. The affected files types are merely renamed using the given file name extension.
The ransomware note is crafted in a How decrypt files.hta file. It contains the following message:
Your files are encrypted!
Your personal ID
Discovered a serious vulnerability in your network security.
No data was stolen and no one will be able to do it while they are encrypted.
For you we have automatic decryptor and instructions for remediation.
How to get the automatic decryptor:
1) Pay 0,25 BTC
Buy BTC on one of these sites:
bitcoin adress for pay:
Send 0,25 BTC
2) Send screenshot of payment to [email protected] In the letter include your personal ID (look at the beginning of this document).
3) You will receive automatic decryptor and all files will be restored
* To be sure in getting the decryption, you can send one file (less than 10MB) to [email protected] In the letter include your personal ID (look at the beginning of this document). But this action will increase the cost of the automatic decryptor on 0,25 btc…
No Payment = No decryption
You really get the decryptor after payment
Do not attempt to remove the program or run the anti-virus tools
Attempts to self-decrypting files will result in the loss of your data
Decoders other users are not compatible with your data, because each user’s unique encryption key
A free decrypter has been created by the malware researcher Michael Gillespie. You can download it here. The password for the archive is false-positive.
CryptConsole Ransomware Distribution
The CryptConsole ransomware is distributed using the mainstream distribution methods. Spam email messages are a suspect as they often use social engineering tricks to lure the targets into opening infected attachments or hyperlinks.
The virus is typically hosted on criminal or hacked download sites. CryptConsole ransomware strains can also be identified in various P2P networks like BitTorrent.
CryptConsole Ransomware – How To Remove it and Prevent It From Coming Back
There are two ways of removal:
- With an anti-malware tool – this will also help prevention
- Manually – using the instructions below
CryptConsole Ransomware Removal
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete CryptConsole completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Show Hidden Files
- 1) Open My Computer/This PC
2) Windows 7
- – Click on “Organize” button
– Select “Folder and search options”
– Select the “View” tab
– Go under “Hidden files and folders” and mark “Show hidden files and folders” option
3) Windows 8/ 10
- – Open “View” tab
– Mark “Hidden items” option
4) Click “Apply” and then “OK” button
STEP III: Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
- 1) Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Get over to “Processes”
3) When you find suspicious process right click on it and select “Open File Location”
4) Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose “End Process”
5) Next you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
STEP IV: Remove Completely CryptConsole Ransomware Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Recover Encrypted Files
- 1) Use present backups
2) Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type “restore your files” in the search box
– Select “Restore your files with File History”
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
- – Hit the “Restore” button
3) Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
STEP VII: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.