Bestqualitysearch.com is a site attached to a browser hijacker, software that aims to change your default browser settings without your knowledge. Bestqualitysearch.com can “infect” most browser, like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft’s Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera, and others. You can remove it easily using the information provided in this article.
Main Domain Address
|The easiest way to remove and other browser hijackers from your computer is with the help of an anti-malware tool. This software will also protect your computer from severe cyber threats like ransomware|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
Bestqualitysearch.com Browser Hijacker – Is It a Virus? How Did I Get Infected?
The Bestqualitysearch.com hijacker can’t be considered a virus because it asks for permission before getting into your computer. You may not remember giving it, but you did. While installing programs, the install wizard will include questions in the Advanced or Custom install routes. These question will be set on “Yes” if you don’t say otherwise. In the future, try to install with a bit more care and keep in mind that freeware programs often include browser hijackers and other annoying “extras.”
A quick search in Alexa shows that the upstream sites to bqs.com are all browser hijacker search engines.
Bestqualitysearch.com Browser Hijacker – What Does It Do?
The easiest answer to that question would be “Nothing.” Bestqualitysearch.com does absolutely nothing useful for the user. Most hoax search engines redirect searches to Google, Bing, or Yahoo. BSQ.com doesn’t even bother with pretenses. The site doesn’t display any results, even fake ones.
The Bestqualitysearch.com Homepage:
So, what’s the point of this hijacker? The reason for its existence is to collect data from the users who installed it unwittingly. The site automatically collects a large amount of data. That is to say, the developers of Bestqualitysearch.com can collect a lot of personal information like:
- IP addresses
- First and last names
- Email addresses
- Personal Interests
The developers of bqs.com have provided a “Talk to Us” section on their site. That may seem nice at first glance, but don’t be fooled. It’s a trick to collect yet more personal information. The question textboxes require your first name and email address. There’s also a last name and phone sections that are available, but no mandatory for asking a question. Our guess is that contacting the developers of bqs.com won’t be particularly useful. They’re just after users who are desperate enough to provide their first name and emails.
The “Talk to Us” Page:
They need this information to build databases that are then used by advertising firms. Advertisers need this information to display more relevant ads to users. Search engine data is very useful for that. Of course, regular search engines like Google also do that, but they at least provide a useful service in return.
Bestqualitysearch.com Browser Hijacker- Remove It
If you have the bqs.com search engine as your browser’s homepage and default search engine, you should remove the hijacker completely. To do that, you’ll need to change your settings an uninstall any programs related to the hijacker. You can do that easily with specialized software programs. We have provided a guide with the necessary information bellow.
How to Enter Safe Mode
Booting Into Safe Mode in the Windows XP, Vista, 7 operating systems
- Unplug devices such as USB flash drives, Memory Sticks, DVD’s, CD’s, anything that can be bootable
- Now you have to decide which of the following methods is right for your computer. If you have:
- –One operating system on your PC, then press F8 repeatedly when you see the first boot screen after restarting your computer. If the Windows logo appears, repeat the same action until you enter the
–Multiple operating systems on your computer. This is very similar to booting with a single operating system. Press F8 repeatedly when you see the first boot screen. You just have to use the arrow keys to choose which system you should boot.
- When the Advanced Boot Options appear, you should select the Safe Mode option with the arrow keys. Confirm the selection by pressing Enter
- Log into your computer using the Administrator account
While you’re in safe mode, your screen will be windowed.
Booting into Safe Mode on the Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 Operating Systems
- Open the Start menu
- Hold down the Shift button and left-click on the Power icon, then click Restart
- After the reboot, the Startup menu will appear. From there, choose Troubleshoot
- From the Troubleshoot menu choose Advanced Options
- Once you’re in Advanced Options, click on Startup Settings
- Click Restart
- A menu should appear after the reboot. Choose Safe Mode by pressing its corresponding key number. The PC will restart and boot into Safe Mode.
How to Remove Bestqualitysearch.com from Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way
- Start Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage add-ons window, bellow Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions
- If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click Disable
- In Manage Add-ons window, in Add-on Types, Select Search Providers
- Chose a search engine and click Set as default
- Select the unknown search engine and click Remove and Close
- Open the Tools menu, select Internet Options
- In the General tab, in Home page, enter your preferred page
- Click Apply and OK
- On the desktop, right-click on Internet Explorer icon and select Properties
- In the Properties window, under the Shortcut tab, in Target delete the text after iexplore.exe
- Click Apply, click OK to save
- Click Close
- Start Google Chrome
- On the upper-right corner, there a Customize and Control Google Chrome menu icon. Click on it, then click on Settings
- Click Extension under Chrome
- In the Extensions menu, click on the unknown extensions, then click on the trash bin icon
- Under Chrome, Click on Settings
- In Settings, under on Startup click Set pages
- In the Startup pages menu, select the suspicious entries and click on X
- Click OK
- In Settings, under Appearance select the Show home button and click Change
- In the Home page menu, click Use New Tab page and press OK
- In the Settings window under Search, click on Manage search engines
- Once you enter Search engines, select your search engine of choice and click Make default
- In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on X
- Click Done
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select Add-ons
- Inside the Add-ons Manager select Extensions
- Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click Disable
- Click on the Open menu icon, then click Options
- In the Options window, under General tab, Click Restore to Default
- Click OK
- In the Firefox window, right next to the URL field, click the down arrow icon. Select Manage Search Engines
- In Manage Search Engines List window, select the unknown search engine and press Remove
- Click OK