Searchsterjosoft.com can be removed easily from Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla. Our detailed removal guide will show you how! If you want to clear your browser from the annoying hijacker, you’ll need to do the things we’re about to explore in this article.
Main Domain Address
|Remove Searchsterjosoft quickly and protect your PC by getting an anti-malware tool.|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
Searchsterjosoft.com Browser Hijacker – Distribution Information
The Cyprus-based company Polarity Technologies Ltd developed the Searchsterjosoft.com. Since the search engine is a fairly low-effort, low-quality site, its developers need to push it in an unethical manner.
This means exploit kits, freeware installers, adware, whatever it takes.
The usual trick is to attach the site in the settings of a freeware program. While users are installing the program, they’ll ignore the Custom or Advanced settings. People also tend to not read the User Agreements of these programs. These documents are written to be hard to read and understand.
Searchsterjosoft.com Browser Hijacker – Why Does It Exist?
Why did the Polarity Technologies Ltd firm make a useless tool like Polarity Technologies Ltd? The answer is simple – data collection.
Here’s the current look of the hijacker:
As you can see, the site mimics the look of Google. It has the same design and similar color palette. The non-vigilant user may even decide that the site is just a re-design of the big search engine. There are many people who don’t even notice anything wrong with their browser after it’s been hijacked.
The site can collect all sorts of information. We don’t know who these people work for or what they’re motivations are. The firm claims to be an advertising agency.
Here’s what the people behind Searchsterjosoft.com can know about you from the hijacker:
- Your IP address
- Physical Address
- Sexual Orientation
- Hobbies and interests
- Activities you may want to participate in
The list goes on and on. You can know a lot about a person from his search history. If you value your privacy, you should take measures against Searchsterjosoft.com.
Searchsterjosoft.com – Download Anti-Malware And Delete The Hijacker
You can try to delete Searchsterjosoft.com manually from your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer browser, but it would be tricky. The preferable option is to buy an anti-malware tool, delete Searchsterjosoft.com, and protect your PC from future threats.
How to Remove Searchsterjosoft?
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the browser hijacker so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Remove Searchsterjosoft from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
- 1) Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R”. You’ll see a pop-up window.
- 2) In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press“ Enter ”.
- 3) The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the malicious program, select it, and press “Uninstall“.
STEP III: Remove Searchsterjosoft From Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way.
- 1) Start Mozilla Firefox. In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select “Add-ons“.
- 2) Inside the Add-ons Manager select “Extensions“. Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click “Remove“.
- 3) Click again on the Open menu icon, then click “Options“.
- 4) In the Options window, under “General” tab, click “Restore to Default“.
- 5) Select “Search” in the left menu, mark the unknown search engine and press “Remove”.
- 1) Start Google Chrome. On the upper-right corner, there a “Customize and Control” menu icon. Click on it, then click on “Settings“.
- 2) Click “Extensions” in the left menu. Then click on the trash bin icon to remove the suspicious extension.
- 3) Again in the left menu, under Chrome, Click on “Settings“. Go under “On Startup” and set a new page.
- 4) Afterward, scroll down to “Search“, click on “Manage search engines“.
- 5) In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on “X“. Then select your search engine of choice and click “Make default“. When you are ready click “Done” button in the right bottom corner.
- 1) Start Internet Explorer. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Manage add-ons“.
- 2) In the “Manage add-ons” window, below “Add-on Types“, select “Toolbars and Extensions“. If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click “Remove“.
- 3) Then again in the “Manage Add-ons” window, in “Add-on Types“, Select “Search Providers“. Chose a search engine and click “Set as default“. Select the unknown search engine and click “Remove and Close”.
- 4) Open the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- 5) In the “General” tab, in “Home page”, enter your preferred page. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
STEP IV: Remove Completely Searchsterjosoft Browser Hijacker Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
Further help for Windows Registry repair
STEP VI: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.