Search.portalsepeti.com is a search engine attached to a browser hijacker. Users report that their browser started displaying the search engine as a default search engine and homepage. Search.portalsepeti.com often targets people in Turkey. You can clear your browser and restore your settings by following the guidelines provided below.
Main Domain Address
|The easiest way to remove Search.portalsepeti.com and other browser hijackers from your computer is with the help of an anti-malware tool. This software will also protect your computer from severe cyber threats like ransomware|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
Search.portalsepeti.com – How Did I Get It?
Search.portalsepeti.com may end up on your computer through shady websites, especially if they’re for porn-sharing. These sites are filled with malware and other types of malicious content. Websites containing pirated products also include a lot of harmful content like Search.portalsepeti.com.
PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) are another way of pushing bad content into people’s computers. It works by bundling browser hijackers and adware content into the install files of other programs. Users who don’t check the Advanced or Custom option opt into installing these files.
Search.portalsepeti.com – What Does It Do?
The Search.portalsepeti.com browser hijacker’s main purpose is to collect user data. The browser hijacker concept was developed with that in mind. The page will likely be translated into the Turkish language.
The site may include various features that require you to register an account. Avoid doing that, as you won’t receive a useful service. Again, these sites aren’t created to provide a useful service, but to collect personal data.
If you have the Search.portalsepeti.com site as your homepage, then you shouldn’t click on any links connected to it. The homepage is filled with connections to other sites as a way to track user activity. The search engine also exists for this purpose.
The search results displayed by Search.portalsepeti.com go through a redirect. You won’t see this kind of manipulation on Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo or other mainstream search engines.
Search.portalsepeti.com should be removed from your computer. There’s little to no reason why anyone would prefer it to a normal search engine.
Search.portalsepeti.com – Removal and Prevention
If you don’t want to get infected with Search.portalsepeti.com or other similar hijackers, you should download an anti-malware hunter, a program that will scan your system, remove Search.portalsepeti.com and protect your computer in the future.
You can also solve the issue by erasing the hijacker by hand. This is a one-time solution, and you’ll have to do it every time you contract a browser hijacker. Crooks are always on the lookout to create malware that’s more difficult to remove, and there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to get rid of viruses on your own.
How to Remove Search.portalsepeti.com?
For a fast solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete Search.portalsepeti.com completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the browser hijacker so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Remove Search.portalsepeti.com from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
- 1) Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R”. You’ll see a pop-up window.
- 2) In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press“ Enter ”.
- 3) The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the malicious program, select it, and press “Uninstall“.
STEP III: Remove Search.portalsepeti.com From Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way.
- 1) Start Mozilla Firefox. In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select “Add-ons“.
- 2) Inside the Add-ons Manager select “Extensions“. Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click “Remove“.
- 3) Click again on the Open menu icon, then click “Options“.
- 4) In the Options window, under “General” tab, click “Restore to Default“.
- 5) Select “Search” in the left menu, mark the unknown search engine and press “Remove”.
- 1) Start Google Chrome. On the upper-right corner, there a “Customize and Control” menu icon. Click on it, then click on “Settings“.
- 2) Click “Extensions” in the left menu. Then click on the trash bin icon to remove the suspicious extension.
- 3) Again in the left menu, under Chrome, Click on “Settings“. Go under “On Startup” and set a new page.
- 4) Afterward, scroll down to “Search“, click on “Manage search engines“.
- 5) In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on “X“. Then select your search engine of choice and click “Make default“. When you are ready click “Done” button in the right bottom corner.
- 1) Start Internet Explorer. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Manage add-ons“.
- 2) In the “Manage add-ons” window, below “Add-on Types“, select “Toolbars and Extensions“. If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click “Remove“.
- 3) Then again in the “Manage Add-ons” window, in “Add-on Types“, Select “Search Providers“. Chose a search engine and click “Set as default“. Select the unknown search engine and click “Remove and Close”.
- 4) Open the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- 5) In the “General” tab, in “Home page”, enter your preferred page. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
STEP IV: Remove Search.portalsepeti.com Completely Search.portalsepeti.com Browser Hijacker Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.