Searchoko(.)Com is a fishy website which replaces the default homepage of your browser. It modifies browser settings in order to appear each time the browser is started. It also changes the search engine so the presented results for your search queries may redirect you to other dubious websites. The way it is designed resembles a lot the design used by Google’s search engine. Even though it could not be considered as a malicious internet site, it has the potential to disguise its malicious actions. A timely removal of the threat is the most appropriate action you can do for your security. Read the article to the end and remove Searchoko(.)Com hijacker redirect.
Main Domain Address
|The easiest way to remove Searchoko(.)Com and other browser hijackers from your computer is with the help of an anti-malware tool. This software will also protect your computer from severe cyber threats like ransomware|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
The Impact of Search(.)Com to the System
Searchoko(.)Com is actually the domain name of a search engine that acts as a browser hijacker. The main search page resembles a lot the start page of Google search engine as it has a white background and a logo saying “Search” colored in a similar way to Google’s logo. Under the logo has a search bar that has informing text “Google Custom search”. Searchoko(.)Com redirects the searches to Google’s Custom Search results page. At the bottom of the page, you may notice the presence of any advertisements. Here is how the page looks like:
This page can replace your homepage and appears on each new tab window. Furthermore, the default search settings for all installed browsers on the computer are probably changed. It is highly possible to witness a related add-on in the list of browser extensions. If your browser is hijacked, you may observe an increased amount of displayed ads, banners, and pop-up ads.
The purpose of all mentioned changes is revenue for the creators of the Searchoko(.)Com. Their aim is to redirect you to particular websites and display specific advertisements which are sponsored and usually generate income to them. This practice is legal and is called Pay-Per-Click. However, the regular browser performance may be disturbed by displaying an enormous amount of ads which makes the browser hijacker not less harm than any other virus.
In case you notice the presence of Searchoko(.)com in your browser you should know that it has also installed some files on your computer. This browser redirect modifies the registry entries in Windows Registry to set itself as default homepage of each installed browser on your computer.
Another impact of the existence of Searchoko(.)com on your system may be collecting a different type of information connected with your browsing habits and activities. This could happen by using cookies. The gathered information will be of help to the creators to display you more relevant ads in order to make you more disposed to click on them.
How Does Searchoko(.)Com Hijack the System?
A fast installation of freeware could lead to installing Searchoko(.)Com as well. Usually, it comes bundled with the installation set of any other free software. To avoid this happens, we advise you always to read carefully what the full information contributed in the installation set of each free software that you decide to install. If there are Advanced or Custom options, always choose them. Unfortunately, sometimes the providers of freeware don’t mention that another potentially unwanted program will also be installed and Searchoko(.)Com may lands on your system even without your knowledge.
Remove Searchoko(.)Com Redirect from the Computer
Below you can find our step-by-step removal instructions which give you the opportunity to get rid of Searchoko(.)com either manually or automatically. If any questions arise, or additional help is needed leave us a comment. Always think of your online security because it not only concerns the proper performance of the computer but for the retention of your privacy first.
How to Remove Searchoko(.)Com?
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete Searchoko(.)Com completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the browser hijacker so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Remove Searchoko(.)Com from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
- 1) Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R”. You’ll see a pop-up window.
- 2) In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press“ Enter ”.
- 3) The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the program, select it, and press “Uninstall“.
STEP III: Remove Searchoko(.)Com From Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way.
- 1) Start Mozilla Firefox. In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select “Add-ons“.
- 2) Inside the Add-ons Manager select “Extensions“. Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click “Remove“.
- 3) Click again on the Open menu icon, then click “Options“.
- 4) In the Options window, under “General” tab, click “Restore to Default“.
- 5) Select “Search” in the left menu, mark the unknown search engine and press “Remove”.
- 1) Start Google Chrome. On the upper-right corner, there a “Customize and Control” menu icon. Click on it, then click on “Settings“.
- 2) Click “Extensions” in the left menu. Then click on the trash bin icon to remove the suspicious extension.
- 3) Again in the left menu, under Chrome, Click on “Settings“. Go under “On Startup” and set a new page.
- 4) Afterward, scroll down to “Search“, click on “Manage search engines“.
- 5) In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on “X“. Then select your search engine of choice and click “Make default“. When you are ready click “Done” button in the right bottom corner.
- 1) Start Internet Explorer. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Manage add-ons“.
- 2) In the “Manage add-ons” window, bellow “Add-on Types“, select “Toolbars and Extensions“. If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click “Remove“.
- 3) Then again in the “Manage Add-ons” window, in “Add-on Types“, Select “Search Providers“. Chose a search engine and click “Set as default“. Select the unknown search engine and click “Remove and Close”.
- 4) Open the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- 5) In the “General” tab, in “Home page”, enter your preferred page. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
STEP IV: Remove Completely Searchoko(.)Com Browser Hijacker Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
Further help for Windows Registry repair
STEP VI: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.