Our comprehensive removal guide will show you how you can remove the Search.searchpackaget.com browser hijacker and protect your privacy from data collection.
Main Domain Address
|The easiest way to remove Search.searchpackaget.com and other browser hijackers from your computer is with the help of an anti-malware tool. This software will also protect your computer from severe cyber threats like ransomware|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
Search.searchpackaget.com Hijacker Description
The search.searchpackageget.com is a counterfeit search engine which displays sponsored and sometimes misleading queries to the user. Services such as this one often employ browser hijackers which cause dangerous configuration changes to the users web browsers.
Upon infection with such malware the installed web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge) are configured to use this search engine by default. The default new tabs page and home page may also be changed to point to it as well.
The primary reason why one might interact with search.searchpackageget.com is to track a shipment. The search engine has a built-in tracking suppport which uses a third-party service to deliver the query.
- The company may collect and store URLS that you visit and your browser’s home page which could contain personally identifiable information.
- We may also collect, use and store information about your search activity when you use web search services (such as search queries) (“Search Data”). This information may be shared with third-party applications that use Search Data to function, or to offer you more customized information, advertising and services. Your Search Data is collected and stored and may include personally identifiable information, depending on your search query.
- When you use or interact with our Services, we may also collect certain anonymous information that is not sufficient to permit someone to identify you by name, mailing address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or other government-issued identification. However, information that we do collect may be combined with a unique ID (UID). The anonymous information we may have access to, obtain, retain and use may include: · Information about your use of our Services, such as the frequency with which you use them, how you use and interact with them, when you visit them, and your responses to the offerings and advertisements made available to you through them, among other things; and · Information that may be gathered or received when you use the Services or visit other websites.
How to Remove Search.searchpackaget.com?
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete Search.searchpackaget.com completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the browser hijacker so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Remove Search.searchpackaget.com from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
- 1) Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R”. You’ll see a pop-up window.
- 2) In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press“ Enter ”.
- 3) The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the program, select it, and press “Uninstall“.
STEP III: Remove Search.searchpackaget.com From Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way.
- 1) Start Mozilla Firefox. In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select “Add-ons“.
- 2) Inside the Add-ons Manager select “Extensions“. Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click “Remove“.
- 3) Click again on the Open menu icon, then click “Options“.
- 4) In the Options window, under “General” tab, click “Restore to Default“.
- 5) Select “Search” in the left menu, mark the unknown search engine and press “Remove”.
- 1) Start Google Chrome. On the upper-right corner, there a “Customize and Control” menu icon. Click on it, then click on “Settings“.
- 2) Click “Extensions” in the left menu. Then click on the trash bin icon to remove the suspicious extension.
- 3) Again in the left menu, under Chrome, Click on “Settings“. Go under “On Startup” and set a new page.
- 4) Afterward, scroll down to “Search“, click on “Manage search engines“.
- 5) In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on “X“. Then select your search engine of choice and click “Make default“. When you are ready click “Done” button in the right bottom corner.
- 1) Start Internet Explorer. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Manage add-ons“.
- 2) In the “Manage add-ons” window, bellow “Add-on Types“, select “Toolbars and Extensions“. If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click “Remove“.
- 3) Then again in the “Manage Add-ons” window, in “Add-on Types“, Select “Search Providers“. Chose a search engine and click “Set as default“. Select the unknown search engine and click “Remove and Close”.
- 4) Open the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- 5) In the “General” tab, in “Home page”, enter your preferred page. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
STEP IV: Remove Completely Search.searchpackaget.com Browser Hijacker Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
Further help for Windows Registry repair
STEP VI: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.