MyNetSpeed.Co is a site with ties to a browser hijacking software. The domain takes the form of an internet speed tester. The site may replace your default homepage. If you want to get rid of the MyNetSpeed.Co browser hijacker, you’ ve come to the right place. Let’s review the threat!
Main Domain Address
|Quick removal of the MyNetSpeed.Co browser hijacker with an anti-malware tool.|
|You can remove the browser hijacker by hand by carefully following all the guidelines of our step-by-step guide below.|
|PUPs, malicious ads, bundle packs.|
MyNetSpeed.Co Browser Hijacker – What Does It Do?
MyNetSpeed.Co can be stuck to your browser if you installed the MyNetSpeed.co browser attachment. The app can be added either through the main site, or another program. That may sound weird, but it’s common for users to install programs without being aware of it.
The process is simple – users make install files that have options to add additional programs. These options are hidden in the Advanced, Custom, Slow, or More sections of the process. As you can probably guess, this approach is rarely used by legit programs. The MyNetSpeed.Co site doesn’t offer a particularly good service, which is why nobody would use the site if it wasn’t for the hijacker.
MyNetSpeed.Co can attach itself onto Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft’s Edge, Opera, and most other mainstream browsers since all of them operate on a similar principle.
MyNetSpeed.Co Browser Hijacker – Why Is It Bad?
The site can also add a lot of different annoyances like an altered new tab page, default search engine, and more intrusive ads. At the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about – the ads. Make no mistake, virtually all sites cater to advertisers, the MyNetSpeed.Co is more intrusive than usual and provided few useful features. That’s why nobody would use this software if it weren’t pushed so aggressively on their system.
The best course of action would be to delete the MyNetSpeed.Co and restore your browsing.
How To Delete MyNetSpeed.Co and Prevent it From Coming Back
MyNetSpeed.Co is fairly simple to delete. You can run a free scan of your system with this tool. This will be useful for future prevention of similar sites. Hijackers are becoming more prevalent as the Internet ad competition gets fiercer. Most of the market is controlled by Facebook and Google, and smaller players like MyNetSpeed.Co try to steal a piece of the pie by any means necessary. That’s why it’s a good idea to invest in an anti-malware tool. As you can see for yourselves, “free” means paying in a currency more valuable than money – privacy.
How to Remove MyNetSpeed.Co?
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete MyNetSpeed.Co completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the browser hijacker so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Remove MyNetSpeed.Co from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
- 1) Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R”. You’ll see a pop-up window.
- 2) In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press“ Enter ”.
- 3) The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the malicious program, select it, and press “Uninstall“.
STEP III: Remove MyNetSpeed.Co From Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way.
- 1) Start Mozilla Firefox. In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select “Add-ons“.
- 2) Inside the Add-ons Manager select “Extensions“. Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click “Remove“.
- 3) Click again on the Open menu icon, then click “Options“.
- 4) In the Options window, under “General” tab, click “Restore to Default“.
- 5) Select “Search” in the left menu, mark the unknown search engine and press “Remove”.
- 1) Start Google Chrome. On the upper-right corner, there a “Customize and Control” menu icon. Click on it, then click on “Settings“.
- 2) Click “Extensions” in the left menu. Then click on the trash bin icon to remove the suspicious extension.
- 3) Again in the left menu, under Chrome, Click on “Settings“. Go under “On Startup” and set a new page.
- 4) Afterward, scroll down to “Search“, click on “Manage search engines“.
- 5) In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on “X“. Then select your search engine of choice and click “Make default“. When you are ready click “Done” button in the right bottom corner.
- 1) Start Internet Explorer. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Manage add-ons“.
- 2) In the “Manage add-ons” window, below “Add-on Types“, select “Toolbars and Extensions“. If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click “Remove“.
- 3) Then again in the “Manage Add-ons” window, in “Add-on Types“, Select “Search Providers“. Chose a search engine and click “Set as default“. Select the unknown search engine and click “Remove and Close”.
- 4) Open the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- 5) In the “General” tab, in “Home page”, enter your preferred page. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
STEP IV: Remove Completely MyNetSpeed.Co Browser Hijacker Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
Further help for Windows Registry repair
STEP VI: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.