Malware researchers have discovered a New BandarChor Ransomware strain which can be quite devastating to the victims. Read our removal guide to learn more about it and discover how to remove existing infections.
|You can skip all steps and remove New BandarChor with the help of an anti-malware tool.|
|New BandarChor ransomware can be removed manually, though it can be very hard for most home users. See the detailed tutorial below.|
|Spam Email Campaigns, malicious ads & etc.|
New BandarChor Ransomware Description
Malware researchers have uncovered a newly developed malware titled New BandarChor Ransomware as it is based on the codebase of the original BandarChor virus.
This is actually one of the original ransomware variants that was unleashed in the first massive waves of attacks along with TorrentLocker, CTB-Locker and other related threats. These campaigns were unleashed in 2014.
The New BandarChor Ransomware has an updated ransomware note which states that its operators use the Telegram messaging service to send payment instructions to the victims.
The ransomware note reads the following contents:
Not your language? Use the Google Translator: https://translate.google.com/
Your files are encrypted with AES 256 algorithm!
Deoding is not possible without our decoder and universal key!
In order to start the process of decoding the files, you need to contact us on the below contacts, with the
subject: “I am willing to pay for the decode my files”, attaching an example of an encrypted file
– Primary email: [email protected]
– Secondary email: [email protected]
– Telegram: @DecryptService
We encourage you to contact us for all three contacts!
– Very important:
We recommend to write email us with gmamil or yahoo address, otherwise your email may not reach us, check the
spam folder, probably our response email is in it!
Do not try to decrypt files by third-party decipherers, otherwise you will spoil files!
The malaware encrypts target user data and appends the .BandarChor extension to the compromised files. According to the researchers the pattern has not been changed, the virus still uses the same principle:
Like the previous versions the virus relies on a working Internet connection to communicate with the remote malicious servers. So far the experts have identified the following malicious entities:
checkip.dyn.com/ – IP check
checkip.amazonaws.com/ – IP check
tomtom.eu.pn/123/index.php – C&C server communications
New BandarChor Ransomware Distribution
The New BandarChor Ransomware strains are distributed mainly via malicious ads located on popular adult websites. Other infection sources may include browser hijackers and untrusted download sites and P2P networks.
New BandarChor Ransomware Removal
For a faster solution, you can run a scan with an advanced malware removal tool and delete New BandarChor completely with a few mouse clicks.
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the ransomware so they will be removed efficiently.
- 1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Show Hidden Files
- 1) Open My Computer/This PC
2) Windows 7
- – Click on “Organize” button
– Select “Folder and search options”
– Select the “View” tab
– Go under “Hidden files and folders” and mark “Show hidden files and folders” option
3) Windows 8/ 10
- – Open “View” tab
– Mark “Hidden items” option
4) Click “Apply” and then “OK” button
STEP III: Enter Windows Task Manager and Stop Malicious Processes
- 1) Hit the following key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Get over to “Processes”
3) When you find suspicious process right click on it and select “Open File Location”
4) Go back to Task Manager and end the malicious process. Right click on it again and choose “End Process”
5) Next you should go folder where the malicious file is located and delete it
STEP IV: Remove Completely New BandarChor Ransomware Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
- 1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Recover Encrypted Files
- 1) Use present backups
2) Restore your personal files using File History
- – Hit WIN Key
– Type “restore your files” in the search box
– Select “Restore your files with File History”
– Choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar
- – Hit the “Restore” button
3) Using System Restore Point
- – Hit WIN Key
– Select “Open System Restore” and follow the steps
STEP VII: Preventive Security Measures
- 1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.