Quickstart.ninja is a browser hijacking site masking itself as Bing.com. For this reason, it’s likely that Internet Explorer or Edge users may be more prone to infection, but other browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera may still be targeted. You can learn how to remove Quickstart.ninja from this article.
Quickstart.ninja Browser Hijacker – How Did I Get the “Virus”?
The Quickstart.ninja isn’t a virus in the strict sense of the word, though it comes close. Most of the infectious methods of browser hijackers require permission from the user. This permission is rarely given knowingly. Users are usually tricked into installing and letting Quickstart.ninja into their computer. This happens through the “Quick” routes of installation.
Quickstart.ninja Browser Hijacker – What Does It Do?
The site is trying to trick it’s users into thinking that it’s Bing.com. Of course, it’s a cheap imitation, but some users may not notice the differences:
This is the Quickstart.ninja design:
…and this is the real Bing.com:
Imitating Google or Bing isn’t something new, but the hijackers rarely copy the actual logos and design. This is risky, as Microsoft may try to shut down the site. Hopefully, this will happen, but you shouldn’t wait around for Bing. Remove Quickstart.ninja as soon as you can.
How To Remove Quickstart.ninja and Prevent Hijackers?
The site can be removed easily with the right know-how. The problem is that Quickstart may leave traces of itself on your computer.
- Download the Tool:
- Scan your system.
- Remove The Virus.
Quickstart.ninja Removal Guide
STEP I: Start the PC in Safe Mode with Network
This will isolate all files and objects created by the browser hijacker so they will be removed efficiently.
1) Hit WIN Key + R
- 2) A Run window will appear. In it, write “msconfig” and then press Enter
3) A Configuration box shall appear. In it Choose the tab named “Boot”
4) Mark “Safe Boot” option and then go to “Network” under it to tick it too
5) Apply -> OK
Or check our video guide – “How to start PC in Safe Mode with Networking”
STEP II: Remove Quickstart.ninja from Windows
Here’s a way to remove the program. This method will work regardless if you’re on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP. Simply selecting the program and pressing delete won’t work, as it’ll leave a lot of small files. That’s bad because these leftovers can linger on and cause all sorts of problems. The best way to delete a program is to uninstall it. Here’s how you can do that:
1) Hold the “Windows” button (It’s between CTRL and Alt on most keyboards) and press “R”. You’ll see a pop-up window.
2) In the textbox, type “appwiz.cpl”, then press“ Enter ”.
3) The “Programs and features” menu should now appear. It’s a list of all the programs installed on the PC. Here you can find the program, select it, and press “Uninstall“.
STEP III: Remove Quickstart.ninja From Your Browser
Before resetting your browser’s settings, you should know that this action will wipe out all your recorded usernames, passwords, and other types of data. Make sure to save them in some way.
1) Start Mozilla Firefox. In the upper right corner, click on the Open menu icon and select “Add-ons“.
2) Inside the Add-ons Manager select “Extensions“. Search the list of extensions for suspicious entries. If you find any, select them and click “Remove“.
3) Click again on the Open menu icon, then click “Options“.
4) In the Options window, under “General” tab, click “Restore to Default“.
5) Select “Search” in the left menu, mark the unknown search engine and press “Remove”.
1) Start Google Chrome. On the upper-right corner, there a “Customize and Control” menu icon. Click on it, then click on “Settings“.
2) Click “Extensions” in the left menu. Then click on the trash bin icon to remove the suspicious extension.
3) Again in the left menu, under Chrome, Click on “Settings“. Go under “On Startup” and set a new page.
4) Afterward, scroll down to “Search“, click on “Manage search engines“.
5) In the default search settings list, find the unknown search engine and click on “X“. Then select your search engine of choice and click “Make default“. When you are ready click “Done” button in the right bottom corner.
1) Start Internet Explorer. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Manage add-ons“.
2) In the “Manage add-ons” window, bellow “Add-on Types“, select “Toolbars and Extensions“. If you see a suspicious toolbar, select it and click “Remove“.
3) Then again in the “Manage Add-ons” window, in “Add-on Types“, Select “Search Providers“. Chose a search engine and click “Set as default“. Select the unknown search engine and click “Remove and Close”.
4) Open the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
5) In the “General” tab, in “Home page”, enter your preferred page. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
STEP IV: Remove Completely Quickstart.ninja Browser Hijacker Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool
SpyHunter anti-malware tool will diagnose all current threats on the computer. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to remove all malware threats instantly. Additional information about SpyHunter / Help to uninstall SpyHunter
STEP V: Repair Windows Registry
1) Again type simultaneously the Windows Button + R key combination
2) In the box, write “regedit”(without the inverted commas) and hit Enter
3) Type the CTRL+F and then write the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable
4) In case you have discovered registry keys and values related to the name, you should delete them, but be careful not to delete legitimate keys
STEP VI: Preventive Security Measures
1) Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
2) Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
3) Secure your web browser.
4) Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
5) Disable macros in Office documents.
6) Use strong passwords.
7) Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
8) Backup regularly your data.